Tonight was our monthly RS Activity night.
We did a service project for Orangewood Children's Foundation. It began 25 years ago and is a facility that shelters our county's children that are the victims of abuse, abandonment, and neglect. They needed pillowcases for all the incoming/outgoing children. It is often one of the only things they leave with.
We had several different stations: tracing and cutting, ironing, and sewing. I took my sewing machine and did the zigzag stitch around the edges of the words. They had some music to move by and I found myself singin' along to some Taylor Swift tunes! Not to mention all the fall goodies to munch on.
We had so many women there. And lots of them were friends from our schools and neighborhoods who got a wonderful taste of a part of what Relief Society is.
I hope these children will have happy dreams and the message on their pillowcase will inspire them to over come their circumstances.

No comments:
Post a Comment