Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Elaine and The Penny Sale

The one cent/penny sale ended on Saturday at Aaron Bros.
I love the penney sale. During the year I keep a box with different pictures or things that I want to frame so when the penny sale arrives I can take advantage of it.  You buy one frame at it's regular price and then get the next one--same value or less--for only 1 penny.

This is Elaine.
She is one of the nicest women in the whole wide world.
I go to this Aaron Bros. because of her.
She has good taste, a gift for seeing the finished product, and will tell you straight up if what you have put together doesn't work.  She has been helping me for years. "Oh, let me upgrade the glass and I won't charge you.  You really should put some archival paper on the back of that.  Let me do it and come and get it tomorrow.  I'll get some of the rubber corners for you so it won't move on the wall.  I'll just put 'em in your bag.  No, those mats just don't work.  They're too yellow and you need more pink in the tan."  Etc., etc.
If Elaine is on lunch or on her day off, I leave and come back when she is there.  So do a lot of other people.  Sometimes I even call and make an appointment to be sure she has time to help me.  She has a genuine love for the customers and a heart of gold.

And now she only has three weeks left.  Yes, Elaine is moving back home to northern California.  She moved down here to raise her sister's son and he graduated from high school last year and left for the Air Force this week.  It was hard, but she hung in there and did a great job of being his 'mother'.  She gave up a lot of her own life to do it.  Now that he is gone, she is alone.  The company is transferring her and the people up north will be lucky to have her.
I have to get two more projects done before she goes.  OH!  What am I gonna do without Elaine? 

No comments: