Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Artisan Bread and BYU Lacrosse Game

My mom and dad are leaving tomorrow morning to go home.  I took them over to Josh and Mere's for another visit with Ainsley.  When we came home, my mom and I made Artisan Bread.
Doesn't it look amazing?  It is delicious and so easy to make.  You mix up the dough in 5 minutes in a bucket with a tight fitting lid with a small hole drilled in the top so the gases can escape.  Let it rise, chill, then pull off dough for however big a loaf you want to make.  You shape them by hand, either round or oval.  It is crusty on the outside and tender and chewy on the inside.  You slice it staring on one end and then stand it on that end on your counter or bread board.  No need to put it in a bag.  That actually will soften it and then it loses it's texture.  Yum, yum, yum.

Duff and Christine headed for the BYU lacrosse game against Chapman.  I stayed home with my parents.  It was too cold and damp for them to sit outside at it.

BYU finally won the game at the end of the 2nd overtime.  Crazy!  There is a fireside tomorrow evening.  Several of the players are staying at the Taylor's house since Spencer is on the team.  His sister took Christine to meet the goalie.  He is blonde and darling and she has a bit of a 'crush'.  Haha! Duff and Chris enjoyed their 'daddy-daughter' date.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Can you believe it....I actually taught your mom how to make that bread! Me: Miss-I-Hate-to-Bake.

Cindy said...

Yes, you did! And it is really good!