Today is August 4th.
My intention was to blog everyday about Christine's surgery and each day record her recovery. My intentions were very good, but haven't happened. It has been a full time job to take care of her. I thought I might even post and back date them to the corresponding day, but finally it dawned on me that it didn't matter. There hasn't been time to blog. And it's taken all of these last two weeks to get to today. I have been physically and emotionally exhausted. Today I finally feel like I'm the one turning a corner and a little more myself. I have 5 children. Four of them have had some kind of surgery in their life. Appendix, reduction, hernia. I've learned something from the process for each one. Not only about our bodies, but medical things, emotional things, psychological things. This major oral surgery of Christine's has been the hardest one. There is something so vulnerable about not being able to talk/communicate--except with hand gestures and a white board to write on--and not eating conventionally. Those two variables are things we really take for granted each and every day.
I'm going to catch up now on the last 17 days.
I do want to THANK YOU for all your thoughts, prayers, emails, texts, and phone calls. They have meant a lot to us, and we LOVE you all right back!
No comments:
Post a Comment