Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

*** TIP*** No More Scratched DVD's!

I am posting this from my friend, Jamie's, blog: Right At Home. It is a crafting/homemaking/project blog that she and her sisters have. Please check it out, because these gals have amazing ideas and talent and I learn a lot from them.
I bought a brand new dvd at Christmas time and we put it on to watch it and part of the way through it froze. Yep, a scratch right out of the package. Arghhh.
So...... Here's how to fix that!

1.Use a small amount on a soft cloth and go over the area that is scratched from the inside of the dvd to the outer edge in a straight stroke.

2. Do this until it is rubbed in and shiny.

3. Run the dvd under hot water to rinse off any residue.

4. Dry with another soft cloth.

She found Brasso at Walmart. Tips: It is highly toxic so be careful with it, especially around children. AND another suggestion is to follow the same procedure using plain old regular toothpaste (no gel or whitening, etc.) and it works as well.

Thank you, Right At Home, for this great homemaking advice!

3 comments:

Kris said...

I went to that blog, and now I have 101 new projects I want to do!!!! So fun. Especially Christmas ideas (for next year, or the next). Thanks!!

bBchronicles said...

THANKS for the TIP - I needed that. Wow, you've been doing some catching up - I have some reading to do.

THANKS for the comment on where Duff grew up! I'm sure it MUST be the same area. I LOVE it there - would love to move there myself when Bob retires - it's a little warmer there, for sure.

Thanks for stopping by, cuz - talk to you soon!

Lisa Tucker said...

Wow had no idea! Perfect. Thanks for the great tip.