We heard about it. We speculated. And today it is official: Utah went to the PAC-10.
It is the end of an era. The thrill is now gone. That decision will change the face of the state forever. No more rivalry. What a great move for them as a school. More exposure, more money. I really am happy for them for those reasons. Every institution deserves things like that. Seriously, I am being sincere.
But I will miss the rivalry. People should now take down their swamp cooler covers. It doesn't stand for anything anymore. Some say it will still be there or might be enhanced. Nah, it's gone. And will be less and less over the years. What will happen to the Beehive Boot? So what.
I do wonder if they will get a new coach. I mean the hypocrisy and all. All the bad talk about the BCS, and now he's front and center in the middle of it. Hmmmm. I think he is still a closet BYUer and Utah is just the job that pays the bills, as evidenced by my grocery store experience. One will do almost anything to pay the bills. Like Duff's brother's neighbor who lived his whole life a U fan and basketball coach there until he lost his job and ended up at the Y coaching. Oh the ying and the yang.
So farewell. I will truly miss it. It's never been popular to have principles.
3 comments:
Ask Craig.
I know what you are talking about. The sad end of an era for sure, but hey maybe we can all "cool it" with the friendly family football divisions! :)
I AGREE!
Post a Comment