Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Really Neat Experience To Start The Day

We went to the temple early this morning.  It looked just like this picture with the fog (marine layer).  So pretty and welcoming from the cold morning outside.
Duff woke up at 3am.  He'd been having dreams about the temple.  Then remembered we had an assignment to do sealings today.  This morning.  I'm like, what?  My whole day is planned.  It would have been nice to know that detail.
I crossed things off my morning list of to-do's.
We were the only couple there for sealings.  A Brother Clark, who we did not know, got up this morning and said to himself that he needed to bring family names to the temple this morning to be sealed.  He usually does an early endowment session.  But felt strongly to bring his family names this particular morning.
He and the sealer were waiting for us as we walked in.
They found another brother to witness, and Brother Clark and I were proxy for his relatives.  They were all from Germany.  I felt a connection because of my heritage.  During one of the sealings--the Sister's name was Anna Margaretta--I had a very spiritual experience.  I saw she and her husband together crying and hugging as the sealer said Amen.
It was very real.  They were happy and had a sense of relief.  I don't think I will ever forget that.  Why did Duff dream all night about the temple?  Why was it so easy to clear my list? Why did Brother Clark break with his weekly endowment session?  Because it was Anna Margaretta and her husband's day.  Finally.

5 comments:

Lisa Tucker said...

I love experiences like that. Thank you for sharing. Sounds like it was a great morning. Wish I could have been there.

Deidre said...

Wow.

Victoria said...

That is AWESOME!

bBchronicles said...

Beautiful PHOTO and what a neat experience - awesome!

Sigie said...

Daddy and I can relate to those feelings as we have had them also in the temple about others waiting on the other side to have their work done of them.

It is such a wonderful experience.