Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Hammer Head

I woke up with a pounding headache.
I felt just like this picture!
My head hurt so bad that my eyes felt like I couldn't open them all the way.  No fever, but I am achy and feeling chilled.
I've been noticing that when the SantaAnas come and the high pressure rolls in I seem to get more headaches.

During the SS hour, the new VT leader and I went over how to use the programs on the clerk's computer.  I think she is good to go.  She is a wonderful woman and I feel really good about her taking over the vt and moving it forward with the RS president.  I handed her my key to the clerk's office and the cleaned out binder and we had a good hug.  Now on to Primary and Activity Days.

I saw one of the AD girls yesterday coming out of Petsmart.  She recognized me and ran all the way to where I was going into Staples calling my name.  She had just bought a gecko and some crickets and was anxious to show me!  How cute is that?  I got to hold the gecko (which is huge for me because I am not rodent or reptile friendly...).  How could I say no.  I did pretty good.  My first activity day is this Thursday.  The girls had already calendared a rocket derby like the cub scouts do.  It sounds pretty fun.  I am a team with Diana R. and she has it all ready to go.  I just have to show up when I get my carpooling done.

I had a fun menu all thought out for the football game, but I felt so crumby,  even with some Tylenol.  Shaun and Mike took over the wings which ended up amazing.  Duff made his family famous chili.  I made cornbread and pulled pork sliders (can't beat the crockpot).  Josh and Mere brought the 7 layer dip and chips.  Mike and Adrianne made root beer floats for dessert.

Adrianne used her magic hands and rubbed my neck and shoulders and that helped my headache a lot.  She could make a living giving these massages she is so good at it.  Hoping to wake up feeling better tomorrow.

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Miss my little AD girls... I love them. I'm sorry about the headache. The only thing that helps mine is caffeine. Either Excedrin or aspirin with a couple of Diet Cokes. Unfortunately I have also become very sensitive to the effects of caffeine and I end up pacing for hours and hours... but I figure it's better than the headache. Hope you are back to 100%. Love you. Loved Shaun's testimony. It made me bawl my eyes out. You have a great family.