Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

BACK ON TRACK


Okay family. We had December off for our food storage/emergency preparedness, and now it's time to get 'back on track'! We've all seen the effects of last year. It really is time to get serious about preparedness and provident living. A little at a time. This can be accomplished! Look to the right column and down. There it is!

This month is all about paper products. If you need to 'get up and get out' these will be essential.

Do you have your containers? Check out all the after holidays low prices at Target and Wal-Mart, etc. You can get a really good deal. We've been gathering for almost a year. So some of this will be familiar. Isn't it exciting to see it grow!

No matter where you are--GET STARTED! It's good to know we can encourage and support each other doing this.

Love, Mom and Dad

4 comments:

Berta said...

I'm on it! Thanks for the reminder. I'm ready to start Christmas . . . are you?

Cindy said...

Yes, actually I'm still 'in' it! Decorations are still up, only the tree is down!

Truly--let's start in February. I'm going to begin brainstorming a preliminary list.

Kristin said...

I'm gonna follow your lead with the provident living stuff, if you don't mind. It would be really helpful though if you could put a recommended amount per person on the list. Any thoughts on that?

Cindy said...

Good suggestion. As we go through the months there will be a quantity to get. So for the paper goods, I would recommend whatever your budget allows. For some it might be one regular package of toilet paper, 1 roll of paper towels, 1 box of ziploc bags, etc. For someone else it could be 10 times that. The point is to just start and do what works for your pocketbook.

Good for you guys. Jump on board. It's there for anyone who can use it.