Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Thursday, January 22, 2009

A New Woman

I feel much better today. But last night was not good. I slept really well, and even though I'm sore, it's not throbbing and my whole head doesn't hurt.

I've been ornery today. I don't know why. Maybe it's a combination of things: busy trip, dentist appointment, some Christmas decorations still not put away, rainy, RS board meeting tonight with a VT department that I was to do, etc. Duff ran to the bank and I decided to take advantage of the quiet house to myself to pray. It helped quite a bit, but I still couldn't shake the whole thing. (Oh, I guess I should mention that they asked Miss Closet Pianist to play for the meeting since the pianist couldn't come. Talk about stress. I'm always happy to do what is needed even if I'm not the best at it, and it did turn out all right after a whole afternoon of practicing!)

I felt obligated and responsible to be there to support the presidency and the board. I've been on their end and I know how much work goes into preparing these meetings. But really, all I wanted to do was stay home and be cozy. I found myself upstairs freshening up and the teeny tiny thought came into my mind: You know why you're so ornery? Because something really good is going to happen at the meeting tonight and 'you-know-who' doesn't want you to be a part of it. He's tried all day to wear you out so that you will just give up and come up with an excuse not to go.

Hmmmmm. Yeah. When I get that thought it's usually right on. So I grabbed my things and left.

Of course! One of the most fantastic meetings ever! From the opening hymn to the closing prayer. The spirit was strong, piercing. The spiritual thought and talks were very candid, doctrinal, practical. I came home a new woman!

1 comment:

RSM Text Factor Gurus said...

It was an awesome meeting. What did you take away from the meeting?