Quickly turn it upside down,
And smile that frown away!

No one likes a frowning face,
Change it for a smile!
Make the world a better place
By smiling all the while."
When I was a little girl, I LOVED this song! My auntie Dolene taught it to me and my mom would sing it at home whenever one of us kids got 'grumpy'.
I knew I had a lot to do today. I was feeling 'grumpy'. When I got up, this song popped into my head. I thought, "...hmmm. Smile....". It worked! I got Christine to the Lacrosse fields to see Maddy's game, to the very deserted mall for one errand, home, church to do some vt stuff on the computer in the clerk's office, grocery store, clean up the house, make dinner, play Nertz, got Christine to the dance, got her home from the dance.
While in the grocery store, I saw a friend. She said, "Gosh, you're so happy about grocery shopping!" I didn't even realize I was smiling away! (We had been complaining about rising prices.)
'Thank you' to the little jingle from Primary!
( When I got home from the market, Mike and Adrianne were here! I love it when they just pop in and come over! Mike and Duff watched the games, and then we played some rousing games of Nertz! Adrianne was the winner! I brought up the 'rear'. No matter--it's such a fun card game. Adrianne made a peach cobbler after dinner and it was so good.)

2 comments:
Hi, I found your blog post through a search for “Nertz”. It is cool to see others that know about the game. I hope you don’t mind but I wanted to let you know about playnertz.com, the site for the National Nertz Association. There is a bunch of interesting Nertz information there and you can also find out how to play Nertz online there. I hope you will check it out. Feel free to join and also let your friends and family know. Thanks
I love that song. I like your post. It made me happy.
Post a Comment