Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Can It Get Any Hotter?

I won't even tempt it by asking that question out loud.

Yesterday, my patio thermometer said 112*. I don't know if that is completely accurate, but at least it felt like it. Adrianne said at lunch her car gauge said it was 106*, and I believe that. This always happens at this time of year. September gets it's nose pushed out of shape here in sunny southern California I guess and leaves summer kicking and screaming wanting to be remembered for breaking records and hanging on to every little piece of warmth it can. Congratulations. You did it yesterday!

I often wonder why we don't start school until October and go through until June or mid-July. It would be so much nicer for the kids. And fall sports. Just a thought....

The poor potted plants suffered. I finally brought myself to go out and give them some relief. The experience making my cold-filled head feel like exploding even more. Pound, pounding.

And so the 'windies' will start in earnest this next week too. Those Santa Anas that suck up every little drop of moisture and are an arsonists best friend.

All that being said, everything is green, lush, and lovely here at the homefront. We have one tomato plant still producing, and zuchinni! And the herbs are prolific. I have more mint, thyme, basil, chives, rosemary than I know what to do with!

1 comment:

Victoria said...

I am NOT A FAN of this weather. Grump grump.