Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Till Tomorrow

I didn't get any time to catch up.

Russell drove all night to get to his sister's. So now he and Shelly and Sheri are there. Wendy responds well to Shelly. She can get her to take her meds. Sheri and Russell are helping with Uncle Bob and getting Auntie Tia to eat (she has lost a lot of weight taking care of both Wendy and Uncle Bob, even though Jared is there...and from all the worry) and get some rest.

I continue to text her at least once a day. Larry reads my texts to her. She was really on my mind around dinner time at 5:30. So I sent a message with one of my favorite scriptures included. D & C 101:16....all flesh is in My hands. Be still...and know that I am God.

We are His. He is mindful of what each of us goes through. He is our Father. Slow down, be calm, have peace. And remember that He is in charge and has a wonderful plan. Trust Him. It's all going to be okay.

I finished making dinner. The phone rang. It was Larry. He let me know she got the text and he wanted me to talk to her. She wanted to talk to me. I said, Larry. She isn't talking anymore! He told me to talk to her anyway. So I did. All of a sudden I hear this weak but beautiful voice say hi. I had to really get my emotions in check. I hadn't expected to hear anything. He asked me to quote the scripture to her in person and tell her my feelings. Shelly said she tried to open her eyes when I was talking. She wanted to respond but all she could do was try and move her hands up to seemingly get her thoughts out of her mouth but they couldn't come. Shelly said she smiled really big. Larry took the phone back and asked if I would arrange my day tomorrow to come. He says she wants me to come. So Duff and I are going after we get Christine off for the day. I will sit and hold her hand. Tell her how much I love her and that it's all okay.

She is the first of us cousins to 'go' back to our Heavenly Home. When we were all little we were really close. All of us cousins. I feel so blessed that even now in our adult years and all living scattered over the country, when we talk or get together it's like no time has passed. I credit our parents examples of the importance of the family for this. Plus, I just have pretty darn great people for cousins!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Please tell Wendy I love her too. I have not been the best cousin during this time. I have such a hard time dealing with death and I just didn't know what to say when I would think about calling her. But, I DO love her very much. Please help her along so she feels at peace to go...I know you will be a great person to do so. If she hasn't had a blessing yet to help her with that, maybe Duff, Russell, and David can do that today.

Julie said...

I feel the same way as Kristin, would you also tell her for me how much I love her? She has had such an impact on my life,although I don't think she knows that. I am not really one to say things well from a distance, I am much better with words face to face. I would just cry if I called her and I want to remember her the way she has always been, full of love and life. I am glad that you can be there for her, you have always be a comforter. Love you!

Leslie said...

I am so glad you are going to see her again. Please tell her how much we love her also. I am in envy that you live so close and are able to be there in these difficult times. Just being there with her will be the ultimate gift for her. I can remember when my mom was already gone and laying there at the funeral home, Denise and I stayed there for hours painting her nails, toenails just talking it was so very comforting.

Cindy said...

Oh! My dear sweet cousins! I love you all so much! Thanks for your kind words. I will tell her FIRST THING that you all send your love.

Jennifer said...

I too wish I was closer so as to be able to be with her. You are so blessed. Enjoy those last moments with her and give her hugs and kisses from all us. We cousins have a closeness that most families don't. How blessed we are!