The late nights are catching up with me.
Lately, Christine and I have been staying up late. The other night we watched the movie Sense and Sensibility. We had never seen it before and didn't finish it until 12:30am. It was very much worth it. But I do have to say we had to keep reminding ourselves which movie it was because so many of the actors have been in other movies we love and we clearly associate them with their characters in those other movies!
For example:
--The hero, The Colonel, is Snape in Harry Potter. In S&S, he is blond and a really nice, normal person!
--Hugh Grant is the other male lead and he is no one but George Wade to us in Two Weeks Notice.
--Miss Madeline is Rose in Titanic who ends up marrying The Colonel Brandon. Can you just see it? Titanic's Rose with Harry Potter's Snape????!!!!
--Miss D. is Nanny McPhee (!) who ends up marrying Hugh Grant.
--Hugh Laurie, House, is a henpecked husband.
--Professor Umbridge, from Harry Potter, is the henpecked hubby's wife.
But in the end: All Is Well.
Then I have been laying down and cuddling with her when she goes to bed. She comes in and asks and I am thrilled for the invitation. We end up talking for long periods of time until she'll gently say to me, "Mom. You can go to your own bed now. You're starting to snore...." It's usually between 1 and 2am. I have enjoyed these late nights more than I can ever describe. She is my youngest and even though I cut a few more apron strings each year, I know I won't ever get this back so I cherish the moments.
It is no wonder then that I slept off and on most of the drive to Utah yesterday. And then slept like a rock last night too. But today it is hitting full force. I am wiped out. Dinner is in the crock pot and I'm headed for a nap! Duff and Shaun took Chris and her friend Sarah R. to get his truck from Jan's. He goes to Provo tonight because school starts tomorrow for him. This should be his last semester of undergrad. Yay for him. He has worked hard to accomplish this goal. There is a problem with his capstone class, but hopefully he can get that all worked out this week.
Our church meetings were great. We walked out after to the most delicious breeze. It was comfortably cool and you could feel, taste, and smell the coming autumn in it. Duff and I both turned to each other and commented about it.
2 comments:
Sense and Sensibility is amazing isn't it? I can't believe it took me so long to find that one. The character cross overs are so funny, I was waiting for Colin Firth to show up too--he is in many English movies that I like.
I HAVEN'T seen that - think I'll order it on NetFlix but I know what you mean with the 'actor-thing'! Sounds like your baby is growing up - get ready, IT'S NOT EASY to let that last one go! I think after a few years of being married, I'm just starting to LET Grif GO!!!! I'M THANKFUL for a very patient daughter-in-law! haha!
Hugs - I hear you're in Utah!
Post a Comment