Our drive home was okay.
Cold, and pretty. When you make this drive on the end side of a holiday it is vital to leave early enough to not get stuck in the traffic going out of Vegas to California. If you don't, you can spend more hours in that traffic than your drive would take!
We needed to stop in St. George at Uncle Rodneys. He was having problems with his computer, and wanted Duff to help him.
The view from his backyard.
The snowy mountains in the background were gorgeous.
He and Marci have these really cool solar light balls. I wished I could have seen them at night. I bet they are very pretty.
We did not get stuck in the Vegas traffic! But to our dismay, in-between Jean and Primm it was at a standstill. That is where the highway goes from 3 lanes to 2. It is at the state line of Nevada and California. C'mon California! Add another lane. And then we were cruising along and who could have predicted that Cajon Pass would come to a halt. Aha. All the ski traffic from the mountains. There was significant snow in the local mountains over the weekend. The signs kept blinking that it would be a 2 hour wait. We got out of there just in time!
I went with Shaun and we both got our cars washed. Poor Denali. It didn't even look black. It was so dirty from all the snow, etc. The worker at the car wash couldn't believe what it looked like on the outside.
Natalie is taking the bar exam today and tomorrow. We are praying for her. She has studied as good and as much as she could. She usually tests well, but there is no way to tell or know with this exam. She is tired and says her brain is mush. She had to write 12 essays today. 30 minutes for each one. My brain would be mush too. I remember when Josh and Robert were going through this. It's hard on Mom's too! You can do it, Nats!



1 comment:
Geeeeessssh, I've had some catching up to do! Been working on some stuff and haven't been able to read blogs like I wanted! Love these globes as well - find out where he got them - they're really cool! Thanks for the updates - shhhhh, I'm reading!!!!!
Post a Comment