.......even when it's turned OFF!
About 2am one night, we were JOLTED out of slumber by the alarm horns shrieking. And I mean SHRIEKING. I don't think I have ever heard anything so loud in my life, ever.
In those first seconds after waking up, I was sure we were on fire, or an axe murderer had broken in downstairs and we were all going to be killed!
I sat bolt upright in bed and screamed at the top of my lungs! Nervous reaction.
I know it wasn't funny at the time, but I'm cracking up writing about it now.
Josh ran upstairs and he and Duff went around looking for any signs of trouble. We were half asleep still and couldn't remember the code to turn off the alarm. I don't know what happened, but finally I just stepped up to the panel and put in the number that came very clearly into my mind. At least the shrieking was off.
Now to figure out what happened.
Ainsley was sleeping in the pack and play in Shaun's room, which is across the hall from Josh and Meredith's room.
It's been an especially dry summer season, so we set up one of the humidifiers in the bedroom so the baby would have some moisture in the air.
Well, it had put out so much humidity, that when we opened the door it billowed out like fog. It triggered the smoke alarm.
So now we know that works.
Really, really well!
We turned down the output of the humidifier.

No comments:
Post a Comment