Embroidery is one of those dying arts. I'm excited to see that with so much attention to 'vintage' decor and crafting these days, that it is making a come-back! It is this generations return to the country look and lifestyle that my generation did in the 80's I think. "Vintage" takes me back to my grandmothers and gives me all kinds of warm fuzzies!
So when Adrianne told me she wanted to learn to embroider and would I teach her, I was 'stoked'! A little nervous too, because that meant I needed to dust off my own embroidery skills so I could. We shopped on Saturday evening for supplies and a project. It was really fun. We ran into a young family who had a 4th grader who needed to embroider a sachet for a school project and they asked us for some help. We were happy to oblige and point them in the right direction. It all came back in a rush to me. Funny how that happens.
So when Adrianne told me she wanted to learn to embroider and would I teach her, I was 'stoked'! A little nervous too, because that meant I needed to dust off my own embroidery skills so I could. We shopped on Saturday evening for supplies and a project. It was really fun. We ran into a young family who had a 4th grader who needed to embroider a sachet for a school project and they asked us for some help. We were happy to oblige and point them in the right direction. It all came back in a rush to me. Funny how that happens.Adrianne did a couple of 'practice' projects and just breezed through them. She is a natural at this craft. I freehanded a little bird on a branch that incorporated all the different stitches. When I was learning, it would have taken me all day, but she was done in a jiffy.
She started on her first pillowcase, above. Her stitches are really even and it looks good. The pattern was so cute, I got a set for myself as well!


No comments:
Post a Comment