Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Calendar

Friday 6/5: Christine's last lacrosse game in the evening. 5pm. She'd love you all to come. It's an hour. Call me for the rest of the details.

Saturday 6/6: 9am-noon. Strawberry jam. Girls, bring your own jars and a 5 lb. bag of sugar. Last year Adrianne got some cool new jars that Kerr is putting out. They are more in keeping with the current contemporary style. Call her for those details. I suggest a dozen pints or 2 dozen of the 1/2 pints, or a combination of both to start out with. Next year you can add some more. I will provide the berries and the pectin.

Sunday 6/7: Fast Sunday. 'First Sunday of the month' dinner at 5:30, here. We're having turkey with all the trimmings since I still have some turkeys in the freezer from the holidays. Please bring: Meredith and Josh--green salad, Adrianne and Mike--green vegetable, Natalie and Robert--rolls and butter. FHE to follow!

LOOKING FORWARD TO:

***Taco Sauce canning day. When do you want to do this? June, July??? I'm out. I only have one last container. So I'm kind of thinking late June????? You need plastic containers for this: cool whip containers, Glad or Ziploc square containers, etc.

***Grandma Duffy's Salsa canning day. I'm thinking August. You will need additional pint or quart jars, depending on how much you want to make. I do mine in quarts, but that's because some family members, who shall remain nameless (!), can go through a whole quart in one sitting! (because it's so dang addicting). But Grandma always did hers in pints.

***Sound of Music Sing Along. 9/26. Hollywood Bowl. See Adrianne for tickets. Do we want to potluck dinner in foil containers? Sub sandwiches? Do you want to go in costume? (Christine says no to the costumes.) Set the dvr's for the General RS Broadcast so we can all watch it the next day after church, 'k?

ANNOUNCING: Homemade Ice Cream Throwdown!

4th of July. Here. I'll be doing our traditional vanilla. Bring your freezers, and ice, and ingredients. We'll provide the rock salt. Start planning your winning recipes! Awards will be given! Maybe Bobby Flay will show up....j/k.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm in for the taco sauce. Haven't had any since my mom passed away and I totally miss it!

Berta said...

What's with all this ORGANIZATION-BUSINESS?!? Sure wish I was closer!

Brandon and Sarah said...

I'd be crashing your canning parties this summer if I were there! I am hoping to have many tomatoes from the garden just for canning taco sauce, salsa and (if I can figure out how) some spaghetti sauce. I would love your recipes!

~ Stacey ~ said...

I wish I were in your family!!! :)

Mary said...

Will you adopt me ??? Even though I'm near the same age as you ???
You are awesome Cindy - to pass on these wonderful abilities to your children & their husband's/wives. Oh, for the old days !

Meredith said...

Can't wait!!!!