Our little morning birdie friends were back again today. I've been leaving some bread crumbs in the empty pot. A pretty bird that is very blue but I don't think is a Bluebird, came and would eat a couple for himself, and then load his beak up and fly away. 10 minutes later he would carefully come back and repeat the pattern. He did this until all the little torn pieces were gone. I'll be sure to leave some more tomorrow.
Christine is OFFICIALLY a high school freshman! She has all different emotions about it. On the one hand she is really excited and soooo ready to be out of middle school. But on the other hand she is nervous and a little scared. I remember feeling the same way. She had a GREAT time at Wild Rivers today and learned a very valueable lesson: One must reapply sunscreen if you are going to be outside all day in the water and you can't miss any places not covered by a swim suit. She has that sunburn 'chill' which is the body's way of telling you "Hey. What happened here?"
I grew up 'back in the day' when you invited the sun to burn you all over. Living near the beach, we baby-oiled and layed out to fry like an egg. We listened to KHJ radio station on our transistor radios and they even had a 'turn over' reminder every 30 minutes for those of us at the beach. It resulted in a deep brown tan that might question one's ethnicity or parentage! And I tanned well. I had a white swim suit with navy blue polka dots one year and a hot pink terry cloth one another year, and a powder blue with white print the next. And those showed off my tanning art very well.
Now, many years later, we understand the damage the sun inflicts on our skin. We can get tan from booths, sprays, lotions, and many skin care products now have a sun screen as part of their compostition.
So, Miss Chrissy will be hurting tomorrow. I wonder how much she'll peel....
[I got the laundry all done. Cleaned out a closet shelf that had a bunch of my embroidery craft things. I organized it all on Natalie's old bed and discovered a few more projects not in kits that I had forgotten about. It was fun to go through it all and be excited and also remininsce. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy needlework. I have taken over parts of her closet for some of my hobbies. It's the closest thing I have to a craft room. I've been working on 4th of July plans. Duff had quite a honey-do list, but he has crossed off just about everything in one stage or another. We have some new toilet seats.We have desperately been needing some new felt pads on all the cupboard doors and drawers and all the down stairs units are done; upstairs tomorrow. They sure make a difference. Much quieter. We've got a few screens with holes to be fixed. Check. The BBQ needs a new grate underneath. Check. We should really get a new one. It's 15 years old and when you use it year round at least once or twice a week over time it just plain wears out. So, what a good day!
1 comment:
Oh dear! Poor Christine! I hope she doesn't hurt for long! I remember one time getting the big idea to cover myself with Crisco shortening! Ouch! Oh my did I fry! And, peel, peel, peel, it felt like I was getting a new body! I never did that again!
Hope you feel better soon Christine!
Love, Auntie Linda Lu
Post a Comment