I kept waiting for the phone to ring. I truly didn't think Christine would make it through school today, but she did and even seems to be on the mend. That is one thing about her: she doesn't like to get behind in school and will go even if it means pushing herself to get there.
I got so much done today. Everything that requires hand watering, done. Roses and geraniums deadheaded, done. Sheets changed on beds, done. Sheets washed, folded, put away, done. The residual pick up from the weekend of a houseful, done. Orthodontist, done. (btw, she now has rubberbands that she has to wear all the time. She practiced putting them on and taking them off many times before they would let her leave the office. She will be sore tomorrow.) Dinner, done. Amish Friendly Cake, done (with Nats help). Court of Honor, done.
The Court of Honor was really nice. It was for 11 boys in our ward. (We have a very big youth program around 100 kids I think.) Those moms did a good job. Planning and executing for 11 scouts is no small task. It was tastefully done without overload and the program was right around 1 hour total. I was sitting there looking at all of them on the cultural hall stage and remembering when most of them were toddlers in the nursery or born!
Shaun got home around 10:15 from his class. I am impressed with his dedication to his schoolwork. Spending his summer in the books is not the way most guys would spend their time off from school. But he is determined.
Actually, I was pondering the other day at how hard all of the kids are 'working' at their various things. Natalie is working 2 jobs, pregnant. Robert is working. Mike is in school and ready for finals and to start the next semester and sharing household duties with Adrianne while she works to keep them up and afloat. Josh had no time off and went from graduation on a Friday, to moving on Saturday, to classes on Monday and has them 6 days a week. Meredith is working hard at her parents to 'earn their keep' and looking for a job. Christine is in the middle of finals, lacrosse, violin, and YW.
What interesting chapters in all of their lives that spills over into ours.
3 comments:
You are a pretty hard worker, yourself. I appreciate the way you so lovingly care for your house and your family. I fight housework. A lot more than I should, I know. I have been doing it this week, but it is a struggle for me. I clearly need a better routine:) Love you!
--Victoria
You are so sweet, Victoria! I finally went to a routine. I function better that way. Now I know what I have to get done on what day and it keeps me on track.
Love you too--
Your kids are lucky to have such supportive parents. It sure makes a difference!
Post a Comment