Well, I made it through the dentist. I always do, but, you know. It's the lead up. I only took 1/2 my pre-dental meds. But I didn't realize that my kids have never seen me 'medicated'. My appointments are always during the day when they are gone. So when I got home, Natalie was shocked and laughing. Her eyes were wide! Then Shaun got home from school and came in to eat lunch. He took one look at me and said in typical Shaun fashion, "What the heck is wrong with you!" I had called my sister during this time and left a message on her voicemail. Apparently it was so funny her co-workers had a good laugh when she played it for them. But oh, thank goodness for these meds and sonicare toothbrushes.
I spent the rest of the morning and afternoon cross stitching on the couch until they wore off and then I was good. Christine's 5th period social science class had a class party at one of the student's homes and she took a Texas Sheet Cake that Natalie graciously made for her. It was a fun party signing year books, eating, and swimming.
I made a good German dinner of fried potatoes and onions with kielbasa and a big pot of delicious green beans from the garden. They are unbelieveably GOOD! Talked with my mom today and Lisa. Always nice to connect with them. Meredith stopped by.
And we got one of the phone calls we'd been waiting for: Adrianne's sister had her baby this morning! A sweet little girl. Alisa's been on bed rest for the last 3 months because of pre-term labor. But the wee one is finally here and all is well!
p.s. my knee is much better.
p.p.s. Natalie is feeling the baby move all the time now.
No comments:
Post a Comment