Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Friday, July 16, 2010

HELP! NEED INFO/INPUT ASAP

I'm sick.
But it's official.  I have two choices: pay buku bucks to repair my washer with no guarantee that the next major part won't go out OR buy a new one.

What kind of washer do you have and what do you like/dislike about it?  What are it's advantages/disadvantages?  I'm very interested in the debate between top loading and front loading.  Life spans, ease, etc.

***I currently have a Kenmore.  12 years old.  Top loading.  White.  No real fancy features except the huge drum.  I know it takes about 46 gallons of water to wash a large load and another 46 to rinse. Yikes! Didn't know that until the repairman told me.

***Sad news:  the repairman--who had nothing to gain by the information he gave me--sadly told me that it doesn't much matter these days.  The life span of a washer is usually around 10-12 years.  That's all?  My first washer lasted me 21 years!  He told me that in his profession as a repair man the ones to avoid are Frigidaire, Samsung, Fisher and Paykel.  They break down the most.  He recommended Kenmore, Maytag, Whirlpool, LG, Bosch.

I have a stress headache.  I hate making decisions about this kind of stuff.

5 comments:

bBchronicles said...

I have a KENMORE - here's a link-look!!

http://homeappliances.files.wordpress.com/2006/10/kenmore-elite-washer-dryer.jpg

Ours is WHITE and I ADORE this washer/dryer set. I have NOTHING negative to say about it - we've owned ours for 7 years and we haven't had a minutes problem with it. You can do huge loads OR the finest delicates to those throw rugs you have to take to the laundramat (cause they're too big) - it's just fabulous!

I LOVE KENMORE because of their warranties, customer service etc. Hope you feel better and have fun shopping!

Kenzie said...

we have the same one too^^^ :)

Leslie said...

Well Miss Cindy, I have a Maytag. Now Grandma Page used to swear by them saying they last forever I'm hear to tell you, my first one didn't even make it to four years so I am not sold on a Maytag anymore. Good Luck.

Brandon and Sarah said...

We had to buy our second set last August. Our first were kenmores that only lasted 5 years. We got front loading LG's. I like them, but I think the washer is loud. Our water bill did go down quite a bit, and our water is outrageously expensive. So that was a plus.

Linda Lu said...

Hey girl!

I'll have to agree with Brandon and Sarah. My brother has an LG set and loves, loves, loves them.

My MAYTAG set is now 20 years old and I have never had to have it repaired. And, I do about 10 loads per week.