Since I couldn't do anymore laundry, it was time to run errands.
Sarah spent the night last night and when the girls finally woke up at 1:30pm (!)--which translates into a late night of tv and talking--they made some banana bread which was delicious. That Miss Chris is getting to be pretty good in the kitchen!
Next was the orthodontist.
She drove. Her wallet and rubberbands above.
Then to the post office, storage unit to drop off some things, popped in to see Duff and Mike at the new office, and then to return some vases to Allyson from Megan's wedding.
Whew.
I went around closing up all the blinds since it was late afternoon and that is when the heat is the worst with the west sun. It wasn't too long after, that I noticed things weren't as 'bright' as they normally are. I looked out the kitchen window and it was still blue skies to the west, but to the east was nothing but big BLACK clouds. The wind came up suddenly and then you could smell it: the rain. Lots of thunder and lightening too. We only get summer monsoons once in a while here, not like AZ and UT where that is just part of the summer season. We really enjoy them when they come. It is such a novelty.
The rain came down in torrents, literally.
It went on for a good hour +.
You know what happens after that? Yup. Heat plus rain = the worst humidity ever!




No comments:
Post a Comment