Missed my Dr. appointment this morning. I wrote it down as 9:30 and it was at 9. Geez. Made a new one for next week. That was embarrassing.
Got back home and sprang into house tidying before I had to leave for the airport to pick up Shaun.
Driving to Long Beach was scary. Not because of traffic or anything like that--everything was pretty clear for the noon hour on the 405. But there was a white corvette with a black soft-top and a dark gray mustang with lots of black custom striping playing chase on the freeway. For about 15 miles. It was ridiculous! We were all one heartbeat away from disaster.
They were using all of us other cars and the semi's as game pieces for their strategies. Zipping around us all to gain the advantage. They were laughing and reckless. I was so disgusted at one point when the mustang pulled over three lanes to get in back of me and then to the lane on my left to try and get ahead of me and back over another 3 lanes to catch the corvette. I slowed next to the semi on the right to block Mustang in. The other cars around me did the same thing. We must have all been thinking on the same page as we unwillingly became part of their contest. OH! Was he mad! Probably not a good thing on my part, I thought later. What if he had had a gun? I could have been on the 5 o'clock news as the latest road rage victim! Won't do that again.
He was literally riding the car's bumper in front of him in the left lane. At one point, he connected with the bumper and pushed the car to make it go ahead so he could create room to pass me. As the car he hit was trying to recover, he sped up to pass me and there was N.O. room to do it. But he did it anyway! The nerve! He accelerated, started to go in my lane where there was literally inches between us. I had to slam on my brakes, he shimmied sideways screeching in front of me and the semi to my right over three lanes to the corvette. I layed on the horn along with many other cars and he and his passenger thought it was funny because they were laughing so hard I don't even know how they could drive!
Finally they chased each other to an exit around Lakewood and the 605 transition.
I wondered after: Can I call 911 about something like that? There wasn't a highway patrolman anywhere to be seen.
I so want them to get caught.

2 comments:
YES!!! By all means, call 9-1-1. I've done it many times. I always give them the license plate number if I can get it. For as long as it lasted, they certainly could have gotten someone there to help you. Be safe on those wicked CA freeways!
That is one of the most horrible things I've ever heard. So scary, glad you are safe. I can't believe anyone would do that.
Post a Comment