Duff had to fly home today.
I stayed because there was no reason to pay for another flight only to be home for 35 hours and come back for our game weekend with Josh and Meredith.
I took him to the airport in Salt Lake and started back up to Midway to meet the boiler repair person. We have radiant heating in the cabin, but it's been acting up.
I got in the left lane of the transition ramp where it splits to turn south and become the 215 belt route or goes east and remains I80 and climbs to Parley's Canyon.
In the right lane were 3 big rigs.
The last one wanted to pass the other two in front of him that were losing speed with the climb.
With no warning(!) he merged into my lane without looking or anything. I was furiously honking my horn.
He didn't stop and PUSHED ME ALL THE WAY OVER UNTIL I HIT THE CONCRETE CENTER DIVIDER!!!!!!
It was one of the scariest things I've ever gone through.
I don't know if he even knew what happened. He kept going.
I am ok.
The car is ok. No big damage. A few scratches.
It could have been SO much worse.
I sat there for a few minutes--but it seemed like forever.
I drove to Midway.
After a while, I realized I was in a little bit of shock. I was shaking and cold and emotional and couldn't focus or concentrate. It's a wonder I was able to drive to the cabin, as I look back on it. I should have gotten off and gone to Jan or Ann or Mike's.
I wrapped up in a fleece blanket, made some hot herbal tea, put a fire in the fireplace, had a good cry and a prayer, and watched some tv.
Later that afternoon I was my old self again. Cleaned out some garage cupboards.
Oh. And we have to replace the boilers.
No comments:
Post a Comment