Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Home Depot, Again--sigh.

I stay over at Lisa and Craig's.
I get to Natalie and Robert's around 8:15 each morning and drive her to work.  They only live 10 minutes away.  Then on the way home, John and I stop at Home Depot and pick up something or other that the kids need for the house.  Today is the 3rd day in a row.  At first he loved sitting and playing in the car cart.  Not so much today!
But the blinds are now cut to the right size and I put them in the kitchen bay window and entry.  Now they have some privacy.  They will keep up all the other window treatments and replace them one by one as they can.  It was pretty easy to put them in the brackets.  The brackets were the hard part since Robert doesn't have a power drill/screwdriver.  Guess that will go on his Christmas list!  David came over and put in all the brackets for them.  I have to say, Home Depot has a pretty good way to get blinds for a home if you can't afford custom. 

John learns more words every day.  He is starting to string small 2-4 word sentences together.  It is fun to spend the day with him.  We pick Nats up at 3:30 in the afternoon.  Nice hours for her.  She only misses him in the mornings.  Then he naps and she gets home when he wakes up.

No comments: