FINALLY. Duff and I got the small garage straightened up. I had to wince that the sleeping bags and tent used at Girl's Camp last summer were still laying around.
Yes! (arm pump) We organized all the canning supplies together in one cupboard. It is so nice to have that done. I've been wanting to do that for y e a r s. We redistributed the weight of some of our food storage on the shelves. I would do so many things differently now. But I didn't know then what we've learned over the last 20 years. I would make lots of changes to our cupboards knowing what I know now. Water under the bridge I guess. This is when I lament that we don't have a basement.
Folding chairs were between the 2 garages and we got those consolidated to one. Lots of stuff like that. I wish once you cleaned and organized it would just stay that way. Haha! Continual progress on 'a place for everything and everything in it's place.'
I like Martha Stewart. Say and feel what you may about her, she knows her stuff and has more good ideas and things than a person could ever do in a lifetime. Often I will say something like, "Oh! I want to be like Martha that way." or "Oh! That is such a good idea. I want to do that like Martha." Especially when it comes to organizing. While I was waiting in the grocery store check out line I picked up her new magazine on organizing and thumbed through it. Can the rooms in my house be like her's please? Then I get to thinking: Well, she lives alone. She has a staff. For just about everything. Inside and outside. Then I realize my Martha dreams are not realistic. We are a big family coming and going all the time. We are pretty much our own 'staff'. Then I chuckle and get back to living my own life.
...but can my cupboards stay organized please......? haha!
(Had a presidency meeting. 3 hours. We had a lot to go over, plan, and discuss. Thanks to Brother Lenon, our high councilor. He always stays the whole time and gives us such good counsel.)

No comments:
Post a Comment