I know.
More baby things.
That is what is going on around these parts, and we are not complaining!
Just to document and get it in the blog book, here are pictures of the blankets I worked up for Ainsley.
Crocheted edges.
The white one is for her blessing day. The scallops were so fun to do. With just one row of single crochet baby pink. And it's always nice to change things up a bit and throw in one that doesn't have any pink. The aqua/turquoise is one of Meredith's favorite colors. It makes her tick. It was part of her wedding colors too.
The white edge is one row of a single crochet stitch out of a chenille thread. It was fun to work with and works up very fast.
Self-binding blankets. It was my first time to make them and I followed a tutorial online and was happily surprised to find how fast and easy they were. Here is another link that was helpful.
Burps from pre-folded diapers.
All stacked up and ready to wrap.
Happy Baby Shower.
Thank you to my Mamo Minnie and to Duff's Grandma Thain for being my inspiration.
Mamo Minnie taught me to do fine crochet and Grandma Thain did the edges on all my baby blankets when I had my children. I am grateful to pass the tradition along.
They were the best Grandmas! Hope to be like them.
1 comment:
Blankets are like grandma's arms. They make you feel safe and warm!
Post a Comment