We spent the day in Malibu today.
Shaun wanted to go tour the law school one more time and get the graduate housing binder to look up some housing options he had seen online.
It seemed like it took forever to get there this time, and we finally realized that we went the more direct but longer route. It was the first time down the Malibu Canyon though, and that was beautiful. Good thing I was driving, because it was definitely a windy ride with all the twists and turns.
We walked on the Malibu pier. It was so beautiful.
We were going to have lunch at the Ruby's, but it was closed. We were disappointed, because we were looking forward to a burger with a water view.
We ended up at Duke's for lunch.
Never a bad choice at Duke's!
Our table was right on the water and we loved every second of it.
Ainsley was a gem.
She travels well. The restaurant brought a sling-type holder for the car seat and she just enjoyed the scenery with us. I didn't know that eating establishments had those carriers. I really liked it. They keep the baby up off the floor and right there with the party.
We saw a mother and baby whale swimming north. They were so close it felt like you could reach out and touch them. A little while later there was a pod of dolphins swimming past.
Lunch and our own living ocean documentary. Can't beat that!
I got the caught that morning herb crusted Ono, Meredith got the same only Mahi Mahi, and Shaun had the fish and chips. Mere and I cut our fish in half and traded. It was hard to decide which might have been better. The Ono was so gentle and the Mahi was a bit sweet. Both were excellent with rice and a salad.
It is so incredibly beautiful there.
This will be a hard decision for Shaun.
We took the shorter drive home down PCH to the freeway and traffic wasn't too bad considering that it was 4:30 in the afternoon in L.A.
1 comment:
Awesome pictures! Shaun looking fantastic! I think he looks good at Pepperdine. I vote Pepperdine!
Post a Comment