Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Rise All Loyal Cougars!

Rise all loyal cougars, and hurl your challenge to the foe!
We will fight, day or night, rain or snowwww.
Stalwart, brave, and true!
Wear the white and blue!
As we sing get set to spring, Come on, Cougars--It's Up To YOU!

Today is the B-I-G game! BYU vs. Utah football at 12 noon in the LaVell Edwards stadium. Not only is this a state rivalry, but a huge family rivalry in the Duffy family. Our blood bleeds blue through and through. But in Duff's family we are the minority. The rest of the family is as 'red' as they get, except for Jack who is fair-weathered about it. Aaron, Bethany's hubby, used to play for the Utes a few years ago. We were neutral during that time until they played the Y. Then all bets were off for that game. Duff even wore a red Utah cap to the San Diego game to support Aaron, all the while checking the BYU score on his cell phone!


We have four season tickets this year. So the 'guys' went together and we gals cheered from the cabin. Here they are ready to go! l-r: Duff, Mike, Josh, and Shaun.
A close up--because they were already cheering and sneering before they left! Lots of testosterone goin' on here!
Off to the game finally. And the return was a triumphant one! BYU was victorius over Utah, but it was a nail-biter clear until the end AGAIN! Gosh, I wish they would quit doing that! We girls rocked the place with our cheering and screaming. My ears were ringing for quite a while after that 4th quarter!

One more game next Saturday in San Diego. We already have our tickets. It got cancelled in October because of all the fires so they will play it then.

CONGRATULATIONS Cougars! MWC champions again! Go Bronco Mendenhall!

3 comments:

Berta said...

How are you feeling - so sorry to hear you're 'out of it'! I think I'm going to be joining you soon - I'm coughing my head off right now - check the time out that I'm leaving this comment!

Cindy said...

Ohhhh, it is the dreaded flu/cold. I had a scratchy throat when I left Calif. and by the next morning I knew it was going to be a nasty cold. But hadn't planned on the flu symptoms. Achy, chills, bad headache. Perservered being the hostess/mom for Thanksgiving and crashed Saturday. I can feel I'm on the mend, but tired. It is not a good one! Duff, Shaun, Christine, Craig, Lisa, and Meredith all have it. And we all pretty much came down with it around the same time. Hunker down!!! It's a 'doozy'.

gwen and bob said...

Sorry to hear you are sick! But go Cougars! Give us the usual heart attack during the "U" game!