Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Basic Hungers

Every person has four basic hungers:
  1. To Be Understood
  2. To Be Appreciated
  3. To Be Loved
  4. To Be Recognized

To fill these hungers in each other is our greatest responsibility.

--Elder Glen L. Rudd

(journal: I've been working on the visiting teaching report for February the last couple of days. I love this quote. I've been thinking about it a lot with respect to visiting teaching. I usually ponder about it concerning my family and how I can fill those hungers in them. But today my thoughts went to vting.

Another beautiful day. Had a great walk while Christine was at piano. Things are budding and flowering. A cool breeze. We are expecting some rain the first of next week--such Spring weather. I'm trying to squeeze St. Patrick's Day in before I put out my Easter decorations!

Christine has been a reading machine lately. I'm thrilled she is developing a love of books. She read over 100 pages yesterday to finish ANOTHER book already!)

No comments: