Beautiful begonias. I love these flowers/plants. Last week Miguel and I planted several flats of these throughout the yard along with some impatiens which I also love. We even put in some Calla Lilies too! I've been wanting to put some of those in for a while now.Anyway--I was out this morning enjoying the gorgeous sun and fertilizing all the new plantings with my Miracle Gro sprayer. For a year now, whenever I go out and spray I think about a story I heard once upon a time.
A corn farmer won the prize each year for the best crop of corn on the cobb. When asked to share his methods for growing such award winning fields he promptly replied that he shared his
secrets with all his neighbor competitors. The interviewers were puzzled by this answer. They asked him WHY would he do this???? He said that if they grew good corn then his crop would be pollenated by good corn, thereby giving him a great crop of corn. The moral being that if you share with your neighbors it just helps you as well. I think that's the jist of it.
So when I spray I always make sure I get some fertilizer on the other side of both my neighbors yards. Their plants and flowers get fed and they look nice and that just makes my yard look good too! I don't think they have any idea, but we sure enjoy looking at their pretty flowers!
2 comments:
You are so lucky to be planting already. I can hardly wait for it to warm up enough that I can be out working in the yard!
I've been planting too. I'm afraid I planted my tomatoes too early. I'm so impatient, I couldn't wait. The warmer weather makes me want to be out in the garden.
Post a Comment