
Okay--I've learned more about worms today to last me a lifetime. Christine has a big science test tomorrow and I've been quizzing her and going over the study guide and flash cards.
Flatworms, roundworms, earthworms, tapeworms, larvae, segmented worms, how they eat, reproduce, their characteristics, their phylums, how many layers of skin they have, how they breathe, their circulatory system, nervous systems. Why do 7th graders need to know this?
I do know that I actually like to watch earthworms. They are fun and do such wonderful things for the soil. I also know that I absolutely strongly dislike without a doubt those ugly green tomato worms that love my tomato plants. They are segmented just like cutworms that eat my geraniums. No wonder I don't like those either!
I could probably take the test and pass with a pretty good grade after all the information I've processed today!
I ran several errands today. I ran into a dear friend at CVS where I went to pick up a few things. She was waiting for her pictures to develop so we chatted and ended up visiting much longer than she needed for her photos. We had comfortable seats sitting on the patio furniture display just having a good ole visit. Over an hour later we realized we both needed to be on our way. I just love those random times with friends like that.
Did some wedding details for Natalie and Robert's big day. And then dropped in for a pedicure. Oh the beautiful weather was just calling my feet to get sandal ready. Wrote thank yous for the funeral cards and flowers sent to us.
Made dinner. It was spaghetti and meatballs. The true recipe name is Sunday Gravy from the Sopranos. It is the best homemade sauce ever. And SO easy. The meatballs are amazing. I've used hamburger or ground turkey and you can't hardly tell a difference. I'll have to post the recipe later. It is a keeper.
Tomorrow is Friday and Mike and Adrianne are coming over to visit and have dinner. Meredith is coming in to town on Saturday morning to spend a few days with her family and see her sister Kristen and her new baby. She hasn't seen him yet, so it will be so fun for them all. They are visiting from Ohio. I hope to steal away and have a quick visit with them and hold that cute little boy for a minute. Plus I can't wait to see Mere's new shorter haircut!
I'm trying to get some jam made. We have NONE left. Adrianne discovered homemade freezer jam at Thanksgiving and has it with just about everything. Glad she loves it! The strawberry stands are open as of two weeks ago. I have my punch card ready! It fills up pretty fast.
Duff had Ward Conference visits to make tonight with one of the wards. On his way home he called and told us he was stopping at Golden Spoon for some frozen yogurt and what did we want! OH--yummy treat!
So that has been my random day today. A good one. I'm off to bed and I hope I don't dream about worms!
1 comment:
worms worms worms the worms crawl in the worms crawl out the worms crawl all about . remember that one cindy . sing it to alfred hitchocks theam song on the t v . oh well have a good one clint.
Post a Comment