This morning I went over to Jamie's house and we made bread. She and her sisters, sisters-in-law, and mom met for their annual mother daughter retreat and they went to a bread class. It is called Pantry Secrets and it is in Utah. The bread is done in 1 hour start to finish! You have to see/do it to believe it. It was amazing.In about 10 minutes the dough was completely made, formed, and in pans rising for 25 minutes and then in the oven for 25 minutes and out.
She let me borrow her DVD and I came home and watched every part of it. You can do at least 50 different things with this recipe. You can do white, wheat, 1/2 white 1/2 wheat, you can add oats, grains, etc. You can make rolls, bread, braids, pizza, calzones, cinnamon anything, bread sticks, etc. Each recipe makes 4 loaves, so she let me take one home and now I have French Bread to have with my Italian Ravioli for dinner tonight!
You can check it out online at http://www.pantrysecrets.net/ I'd like to attend a class next time I'm in Utah. Jamie also told me that the ladies who hold the demonstrations give you pointers for how to incorporate this into your food storage. Now that's a two-fer!
3 comments:
It was fun having you over this morning! I hope the bread is good! Let me know what kind of "experiments" you do with the recipe.
If you do decide to go when you are here, let me know. I would like to tag along.
Jenn--you would LOVE this. I'd love for you to come when I go. I'd like to take my girls with me too, so I'm looking for a time when they can all be there together. I'll let you know.
Post a Comment