Happy 31st Anniversary to Duff and Cindy
(I just figured out how to scan in a picture. These are kind of crooked. I'll have to work on that!)
Our cake was so pretty. I wanted white with a lemon filling--my mom wanted banana nut. We got some of both.
I've always liked this picture. Our family was waiting for us up on the temple walkway.

Our cake was so pretty. I wanted white with a lemon filling--my mom wanted banana nut. We got some of both.
I've always liked this picture. Our family was waiting for us up on the temple walkway.
Today is our 31st wedding anniversary! Boy--where has the time gone? I am married to the most amazing man! Today is kind of overcast and drizzly just like it was the day we got married. We were married by Hyrum Chapman in the Los Angeles Temple on Thursday, May 5, 1977 at 9am in the morning. The colors were pink and white.
Duff and his family didn't account for the LA traffic and were late. The brother at the recommend desk at the temple kept teasing me that Duff might have reconsidered and wasn't going to show up. Not very funny to a bride, but he got a good laugh out of it!
We had lunch at the Velvet Turtle restaurant and then a reception at the Torrance Stake Center. We spent the night at the LAX Marriott and came back to my parents the next day to open presents. We left the next morning to drive back to Utah because we both had to work on Monday! We were SO poor. No honeymoon for us! We had an open house in SLC the next Friday.
We have had great times, good times, and trials and adversities as well. We are not only husband and wife but each other's best friends as well. You know you've been married a long time when you can finish each other's sentences and know what the other one is thinking! We have always been able to 'talk'. I think that is one quality that has helped us to have a successful marriage.
I LOVE YOU DUFF! Thanks for a wonderful 31 years!
Duff and his family didn't account for the LA traffic and were late. The brother at the recommend desk at the temple kept teasing me that Duff might have reconsidered and wasn't going to show up. Not very funny to a bride, but he got a good laugh out of it!
We had lunch at the Velvet Turtle restaurant and then a reception at the Torrance Stake Center. We spent the night at the LAX Marriott and came back to my parents the next day to open presents. We left the next morning to drive back to Utah because we both had to work on Monday! We were SO poor. No honeymoon for us! We had an open house in SLC the next Friday.
We have had great times, good times, and trials and adversities as well. We are not only husband and wife but each other's best friends as well. You know you've been married a long time when you can finish each other's sentences and know what the other one is thinking! We have always been able to 'talk'. I think that is one quality that has helped us to have a successful marriage.
I LOVE YOU DUFF! Thanks for a wonderful 31 years!
11 comments:
Happy Anniversary! I know this might sound weird, but I just came upon your blog by pressing "next blog" up at the top of blogger. What are the chances of me finding a blog where there is a post of a wedding anniversary of a couple that was married in the temple? And then finding your blog right after I got off the phone with my sister and talking about how my marriage of 5 years is falling apart. We were married in the Mt. Timpanogous temple. It's so wonderful to see such a wonderful post about you and your DH!! I was late to my own wedding :) I got lost! I know you don't know me and you probably think I am really weird, but I just had to share this with you. What really were the chances of me reading your blog? Thank you for such a nice post!
Happy Anniversary!!!
Just blog hoppin'
What is that fuzzy thing on Don's face??? hehe LOVED the photos. Happy Anniversary to a great couple!
Happy Anniversary! We loved the photos.
Happy Anniversary! That is so neat! I love the pictures!
When I saw the bottom picture of Duff, all I wanted to say was, "Welcome back , Mr. Karter'. LOL
Congrats on 31 years! My love to you both.
cindy -
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I meant to leave a comment yesterday but forgot to logon. Really neat - and BTW, I love the pictures! I was never around at that time so missed out on all the excitement!
I Love your pictures. Oh they bring back so many memories! Love your veil! I really do. I love you and Duff more than you know! Happy Anniversay. Love Auntie
THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOU WELL WISHES AND KIND WORDS!
LOVE YOU ALL---
happy anniversary! you two are adorable!
Lisa just called and said Mom, have you read Cindy's blog yet? And of course I haden't until now. Your wedding brings back so many happy memories and the cake is still a beautiful masterpiece enough though it was banana nut and white with lemon filling. It was a one of the first receptions like that in that Stake Center. You and Duff have been such a great example to all of us. I'm so happy that you have such a wonderful marriage. I love you both very much.
Love mom
Post a Comment