
When Natalie started law school last fall, she had to get a specific new kind of laptop that was on the 'required' list of 'supplies'. So I was the lucky recipient of her year old laptop! My computer skills have improved a lot since I have been blogging, but I'm far away from where most are.
I have been adding my files and deleting hers and it's taken me many months so far. Tonight we used the time which we should have used addressing the 500 envelopes for the wedding so she could teach me how to use itunes for my ipod. I can report that I can successfully find and download a song now, AND I went through her music file and kept what I liked and deleted the rest. I went from 4198 songs to 2609. I edited out things like Pocahontas soundtrack, etc. and some of her roommates mixes. Now I'm going to add more of my Christmas music and Radio Disney stuff that I like. I can hardly believe that one of my favorite radio stations is Radio Disney, but they have really good music! I quite like the Jonas Bros. and Taylor Swift, etc. But then I mix it up with Sheryl Crow and Michael Buble! Go figure!
Josh's firm has a big trial starting tomorrow so I'm up waiting for him to get home. It's almost midnight but they've had a lot of preparation to get done. It's been a nice quiet time to go through the songs since everyone else is in bed. I am determined to learn this computer skill. I served in a presidency where we were diverse in age and we really learned from each other being at different stages of life. I decided through their urging that I could get an ipod and learn how to use it, and I have so far! It opens up music in a whole new way. I love using mine.
Tomorrow, learning how to create a playlist. I'm excited to do that.
(Lots of doctors today with Shaun. Can I just say that mental illness is the craps! New meds, new strategies, next steps. I shouldn't complain though--it could be sooooo much worse. We have learned a lot about it. We have learned more Christlike love, compassion, understanding, patience, selflessness, education, how to succor others. We have been able to offer guidance and help and resources to many people in our neighborhood and work and church. Most people have no clue of the mental health world. It is staggering when we look back and see how far we have come. While I wish he would not have to have this disease and suffer, I would not give back all we have learned and how it has changed him and us to be better people. We are so grateful for good doctors, counselors, and others who help us all on this journey. It's been a long day.)
I have been adding my files and deleting hers and it's taken me many months so far. Tonight we used the time which we should have used addressing the 500 envelopes for the wedding so she could teach me how to use itunes for my ipod. I can report that I can successfully find and download a song now, AND I went through her music file and kept what I liked and deleted the rest. I went from 4198 songs to 2609. I edited out things like Pocahontas soundtrack, etc. and some of her roommates mixes. Now I'm going to add more of my Christmas music and Radio Disney stuff that I like. I can hardly believe that one of my favorite radio stations is Radio Disney, but they have really good music! I quite like the Jonas Bros. and Taylor Swift, etc. But then I mix it up with Sheryl Crow and Michael Buble! Go figure!
Josh's firm has a big trial starting tomorrow so I'm up waiting for him to get home. It's almost midnight but they've had a lot of preparation to get done. It's been a nice quiet time to go through the songs since everyone else is in bed. I am determined to learn this computer skill. I served in a presidency where we were diverse in age and we really learned from each other being at different stages of life. I decided through their urging that I could get an ipod and learn how to use it, and I have so far! It opens up music in a whole new way. I love using mine.
Tomorrow, learning how to create a playlist. I'm excited to do that.
(Lots of doctors today with Shaun. Can I just say that mental illness is the craps! New meds, new strategies, next steps. I shouldn't complain though--it could be sooooo much worse. We have learned a lot about it. We have learned more Christlike love, compassion, understanding, patience, selflessness, education, how to succor others. We have been able to offer guidance and help and resources to many people in our neighborhood and work and church. Most people have no clue of the mental health world. It is staggering when we look back and see how far we have come. While I wish he would not have to have this disease and suffer, I would not give back all we have learned and how it has changed him and us to be better people. We are so grateful for good doctors, counselors, and others who help us all on this journey. It's been a long day.)
4 comments:
Our whole family will be blessed from what we will learn from this experience with Shaun. Love you so much Shaun, and grampa and grama are there for you.
Love,
Grama and Mom
I learned SO much about mental illness when I was with Rex. It was HARD dealing with it and I so wish I'd been more active in church and closer to the Lord during all those years in my life. It certainly would have helped. It was only when I drew closer and closer to Him that I actually found that Rex REALLY needed Him too but that Rex really didn't want Him in his life. I gravitated toward the good and Rex went the opposite direction. But it was because I had chosen the right path that I made it through and now have a Christ-centered home. Shaun's illness will draw your family closer because you ensure that you are following Christ's plan and He will help you all get through it. If you ever need to talk about it, I'm here...remember, I've been through it - for 14 years I endured the suffering and anguish that comes from mental illness. Somehow, it makes us stronger people!
I wish I could say I was iPod savy. I pretty much wait for Brad to do it and he is never home! I need Nat's tutorial cause I want it all together for the roadtrip. And yeah for Darla. Can you tell me what are dog years anyway?
D-- Every 1 year of a dog's life is equal to 7 years for a human life. Pretty crazy, huh?
Post a Comment