so dang HOT still!
Dinner in the oven, and off to church. Natalie had her interview with President Brennan this morning before meetings for her temple recommend. So that is complete. After Sacrament meeting I was asked to come into the Laurel class and share my feelings and bear my testimony about the righteous tradition of Relief Society.
I have a strong testimony of RS. I LOVE Relief Society. Even though I have spent most of my adult life in the YW and subsequently Primary, I have always felt connected with RS. I never feel left out when I serve in other organizations. It was fun to be in class with the Laurels. Such a good group of girls. We even had a treat after class!
Mike and Adrianne came up for dinner, and after we ate, we gathered in the family room for a family 'fireside' of sorts. Duff got some new directions in his presidency meetings today from Salt Lake and went over it with the family. He had printed off copies of the Proclamation on the Family for each of us. We each took a paragraph and read through it then had discussion. Then he gave assignments to everyone for a different section in a talk by Elder Bednar on marriage to study and report back on in 2 weeks.
California is having lots of controversy on the definition of marriage again. I remember walking and knocking during 2000 before the vote. Seems like we need to step it up even more this time.
Christine was off to a fireside where she had to bring refreshments and told me about them about an hour before she had to leave. Thank goodness I had some frozen cookies in the freezer from a school fundraiser! We popped those in the oven and she was good to go! I will for sure buy more next year just for things like this.
No comments:
Post a Comment