We packed up this morning. Check out time is at 11:30am. Richard went down to the pool early to get in the Hawaiian 'air' up to the last minute. Patti took one last walk on the beach. Duff's back was feeling a little tweaky and with anticipating the long flight, he wanted to stay in and I elected to stay with him, so I sat out on the lanai and read the book I was sure I would finish and hardly read!We checked out and went to Whaler's Village to get some last minute shopping done. It is a quaint place to dine, shop, get gear for snorkeling, diving, etc.
The ABC store. It is like a convenience store. You can get just about anything here.

Then to Reyn Spooner for a traditional hawaiian shirt for Duff. That was the only thing he wanted. When he lived and worked in Hawaii in 1990-1991 (he was in charge of the B of A mergers with Honolulu Federal, and survived hurricane Iniki, but that's a whole other story!), he loved these shirts. Hawaiian 'white collar' men don't wear dress shirts and ties as we know them. They wear slacks with 'aloha' shirts, which are dress or polo 100% cotton shirts with small hawaiian prints on them and no ties at all.
Next stop, Crazy Shirts. You can get great clothing here. We grabbed a few t-shirts, and looked a lot at everything else. Then we piled in the car and headed for the airport with a quick stop at the brand new Barnes and Noble bookstore on the way. The guys needed some new reading material for the flight home and Patti was looking for some things for J.T.'s kindergarten history presentation on Hawaii that she is helping give.

We watched the whales all the way. So fascinating. I feel kind of attached to them after sharing their ocean for a week. We turned in the car at the rental office and not a moment too soon, because I was starting to get motion 'woozy'. Got out and breathed in that sweet hawaiian air deeply and was better quickly. I made sure I took my dramamine before we got on the plane.
The ABC store. It is like a convenience store. You can get just about anything here.
Then to Reyn Spooner for a traditional hawaiian shirt for Duff. That was the only thing he wanted. When he lived and worked in Hawaii in 1990-1991 (he was in charge of the B of A mergers with Honolulu Federal, and survived hurricane Iniki, but that's a whole other story!), he loved these shirts. Hawaiian 'white collar' men don't wear dress shirts and ties as we know them. They wear slacks with 'aloha' shirts, which are dress or polo 100% cotton shirts with small hawaiian prints on them and no ties at all.
Next stop, Crazy Shirts. You can get great clothing here. We grabbed a few t-shirts, and looked a lot at everything else. Then we piled in the car and headed for the airport with a quick stop at the brand new Barnes and Noble bookstore on the way. The guys needed some new reading material for the flight home and Patti was looking for some things for J.T.'s kindergarten history presentation on Hawaii that she is helping give.
We watched the whales all the way. So fascinating. I feel kind of attached to them after sharing their ocean for a week. We turned in the car at the rental office and not a moment too soon, because I was starting to get motion 'woozy'. Got out and breathed in that sweet hawaiian air deeply and was better quickly. I made sure I took my dramamine before we got on the plane.
Maui Airport from the sky!
Duff and I were fortunately able to upgrade to first class for the flight home. It was a difficult flight on the way over and he didn't want to repeat that with his back. The Petersons changed their seats as well to up front more and it was easier for them too. I guess on the way over we were just too far back and the seats are terribly close. We will remember that for next time! We all decided we had so much fun we will repeat this same trip next year around this time again! Yahooie! By a fluke we had good timing because by the time we got to the gate, we were all able to board right away and get settled.
Good bye, Maui!
Good bye, Maui!
Farewll to thee, one fond embrace, until we meet again!
By: Queen Lili' uokalani

2 comments:
Glad you had such a wonderful time!
Love the Reyn Spooner shirts. I think David must have all the car shirts that they make. And, they are very easy to iron. Love ya!
how fun! I am so jealous.
Post a Comment