Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Sunday, March 8, 2009

A Day Of...

I just want to begin by saying again, I really don't care for this daylight savings time. It is hard to lose an hour. That being said, at least it takes place on the weekend and not a school day. Christine slept and slept. She sure needed it after 3 days in a row of very late nights with the Road Shows. They turned out great and she had a really good time.

I got dinner in the crock pot, round steak with mushrooms and gravy, and got ready for the day. I headed off for a song practice at Wendy's for enrichment night this week. It is all about 'Purse-onality'. It is going to be a fun evening. I will fill in more after Wednesday night.
Clue: Pink purse!
Church meetings were good. I learned a lot. Some new things, some from a new perspective, some re-learned, some reaffirmed. Home for a quick dinner and then off with Duff to give a blessing to a gal I visit teach who is going in for some surgery this week for a knee replacement. She is a wonderful soul and a kindred spirit with a complicated situation. It went really, really well and her family was there to support her and the spirit was tremendously strong.

I am not one who stays in church clothes all day long on a Sunday, but I'd been in these all day, so once home, off they came and into 'comfies'. Ahhhh. Then we headed off for the Peterson's to help celebrate Richard's birthday. He is a bonafide chocoholic! The more the better. Patti made a delicious and gorgeous checkerboard cake. The above picture is not her's (I forgot my camera), but you get the idea. Actually, her's looked even better. Vanilla ice cream was the perfect compliment to this comforting birthday cake. It looks so hard, but with the right 'tools' it is not hard at all! She gave me a lesson in the kitchen while we were cleaning up the dishes. Pretty nifty.
Between Duff and I we talked to all of the kids. Busy, but a different busy and a nice day.

2 comments:

Jonna said...

I don't like day light saving time either. My husband decides since it's still light outside, he will work longer hours. I couldn't help but notice that it was 61 degrees where you live? Oh that's just sick! It was 30 here today. That is warm for us.

Lisa Tucker said...

Az never changes and I love it. I too like Sundays. I really don't like the late sch. It really is hard for me in the summer time when it is 110 outside. Your car is like 1000 degrees when you go home. YUCK!