Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Last Day of Winter

  • Morning walk. So beautiful. Sweet sunlight, ducks on the lake, trees and bushes blooming.
  • Phone calls!
  • Laundry
  • Work in the garden
  • Make dinner for a neighbor who is just out of the hospital.
  • More laundry
  • Water
  • Pick up Christine from the bus-stop and get her to the lacrosse field.
  • Back to take dinner over
  • Take lacrosse stick that I forgot back to the field.
  • Saw Kathleen T. visited with her until practice was over. Didn't get home, oh well. Conversation was so fun to catch up!
  • Homework, dinner, finish laundry.
  • Watched Larry King live on Natasha Richardson's death. I just loved her in The Parent Trap movie. It's hard to fathom that she passed away so quickly. Head trauma is an interesting thing. We've skied for so many years that it's difficult to wrap my thoughts around the fact that she was on the bunny hill and now she's gone. I keep thinking about her family...
  • Shaun did good with his report/project for his class. He partnered with Christian Clayton, Kennedy's hubby, and they made Sunday Gravy for the class. Even the Italian girl in their class said it was 'right on the money'. They all met up at Natalie and Robert's after and watched the rest of the basketball game.
  • I'm fascinated by those upside down hanging tomato baskets. Even though I have a nice garden plot, I really want to get one of those and try it. They promise no pests, diseases, and a large yield. I think it would be fun!

1 comment:

Deidre said...

My Mom loves her in parent trap as well. One of her favorites. Sad that she is gone.