Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Monday, March 9, 2009

Monday--A Good Day of the Week

Oh, Mondays! Interestingly enough, I do love them. I like the sense of getting back to a routine, back on top of 'things'. So laundry of course is at the top of the list. Picking up, straightening up. You know the drill. But it was chilly today and it was a little hard to get going.

I also had to finish the VT report for February. Some months it goes really fast; others not so fast. A lot of phone time! Not necessarily a negative thing--I love the connections and conversations and friendships developed over the last year.

Christine's cell phone bit the dust on Saturday. While she was changing into her costume it landed hard on the Brokaw's garage floor and is now kaput. This is partially due to the very 'inexpensive' one we got her owing to our 'wisdom' we've gained (interject some 'sass' into that) parenting 5 children with her being the youngest. This was bound to happen at some point. Well, she's had to go a few days without one, and I didn't realize what a difference it would be for me. I discovered I really like being able to get a hold of her when I want and need to. I text her during the day at school--sometimes fun things, sometimes reminders, sometimes just 'I luv u'. I fought this texting thing for a long time. But this time around (with my 'baby') I realize that it keeps us bonded and connected. It's part of her generation and I don't want to be left out of it.

Well, she has to help with the cost for it. We got a $50 rebate that they were offering, so it was under $30, but still a good bargaining chip. We have never seen her room and bathroom so CLEAN and TIDY! I must add that my husband is a master at negotiations with her. I must also give her credit where credit is due: she is a good girl and is willing to do her part in just about anything. She is a 'team player'. Oh, don't misunderstand me--she can still be a 'teenager', but she is learning and growing along the way.

She also got this from her sunday school teacher! What do you think it was for? She was very touched by it.

We had tilapia for dinner with some au gratin potatoes and zuchinni. Oh! I love zuchinni! I can't wait to get it growing in our garden! And I love that I can put the fish and the potatoes in the oven at the same time and it's all done together. In the oven and to the table in 40 minutes tops. I tried my hand at a buerre blanc sauce for the baked fish and I have to say it turned out really well. I substitued chicken broth for the white wine and onion powder for the shallots and it was awesome.

A little FHE, DWTStars (already have my faves), and 24 (is Bill really dead? He came back from the dead from last season, right?).

2 comments:

Leslie said...

48 hours to get it together, I thought Melissa and Tony were awesome. The guy that dances with Cheryl man he is something to watch. Yousa.

Linda Lu said...

I hope this is what the bucket full of yummy stuff is for! Christine, eat it all now because when those braces go on there ain't no more of that yummy stuff til they come off!

Love ya!
Auntie Linda