Monday was a blur.
But Tuesday. Now that was memorable!
I was fighting some kind of flu bug, but had an appointment for a haircut that I didn't want to miss since I'm just waiting for the call to leave for AZ to do some canning with my mom and the gals. We are at the mercy of the fruit. When it's ripe enough to be picked and then shipped.
So I have my supplies ready and am 'on call'.
I'm actually arriving a few minutes early instead of my few minutes late.
An older woman in a red car three spaces to my left is leaving. Suddenly, her car is in the middle of the UPS store!
She was not hurt, thankfully, and refused treatment when all the emergency crews showed up. Apparently, she thought her car was in reverse. She applied a little pressure to the gas pedal and it didn't go anywhere, so she gunned it. Only problem was, her car was not in reverse, it was in drive, so when she gunned it, it went up over the curb and into the building. What a blessing no one was walking on that sidewalk right then. It shook the whole building and glass was everywhere.
Then, later in the afternoon, Dad was over at the bank.
He was in line to do his transaction and the lady in front of him leaned to the right and fell over unconscious on the floor! They called 911 and then cancelled because a few minutes later, she sat straight up told everyone she was okay, finished her business and left.
We had interesting dinner conversation.


No comments:
Post a Comment