I drove to AZ today.
It was an interesting trip.
I got a speeding ticket. Yep. Only the 3rd ticket in my whole driving life. I was going over the speed limit. By five, 5, five miles an hour. Can someone explain this to me? It was on cruise control. It was as I was leaving Indio from the 4 lane highway just about to the 2 lane highway. There were cars speeding past me while I was minding my own business on cruise control, but I was the one that got pulled over. There was absolutely no conversation between the officer and I. It took a total of 6 minutes for him to pull me over, ask for my information, write the ticket, me to sign it and he was back on the road again and so was I.
It said excessive speeding. Hmmm.
Then about at Tonopah, an suv caught fire. I saw the teeny plume of gray smoke going into the air from several miles back. It just looked like a smokestack from a semi-truck. But it kept getting bigger and bigger and then there was no denying it had to be a fire of some sort. All of a sudden I was upon it! The car was completely engulfed and the top down to the bottom of the windows was melting away. I have never seen anything like that ever before. The people from the car were about 50 yards off to the side of the road standing in the cactus and sagebrush. They were all huddled together probably in shock at what was happening. I called 911 from my cell. Four other cars stopped so I didn't need to--they had plenty of help and all the emergency crews were en route. But the wind shifted suddenly and the smoke and flames were all the way into the left lane! I was the last car to be able to get through it. As I was in the middle of the smoke, I looked over and the flames were licking at the passenger side of my car! The cars behind me had to stop and go into the dirt median to get around.
What makes a car catch fire like that?
Got to mom and dad's about 12:30 just in time to watch the football game, which was completely disappointing. Bronco has some decisions to make. Rebuilding years are hard. We didn't skip a beat from Beck to Hall, but are feeling it now.
Raspberry jam is first on the list and then next week we will be up to our eyeballs in pears and peaches.
1 comment:
My parents minivan caught fire and burned "to the ground" when I was a senior in high school. I should ask my mom exactly what caused it?! It was crazy to watch though, that's for sure. Not something you see too often.
Post a Comment