Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Friday, September 10, 2010

Friday Wrap-Up

The first week of school is finished.
We got all the supplies this evening and it wasn't even crowded.  The last two years the checkout line at Staples was down the back and around the store.  I like that Santa Margarita started two weeks ago, we started this week, and Mission starts next week.  The stagger sure has helped a lot.
I finally feel like I've got my feet back under me since I've been gone.
Tesoro won their football game!  Yes.  They played Santa Margarita (which is a private, Catholic High School that can recruit and has the latest everything).  It was 21-7 half way through the 3rd quarter.  But Tesoro had an awesome 4th quarter and took the W, 32-21.  Go Titans.
I've been watching the History Channel lately.  They are having a lot of special programs about 9/11.  It fascinates me.  There are so many stories behind the story.  I love knowing them.  I wish we could document all of them.  I am so touched by the American people.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

One of the shows on this weekend called "The Man Who Predicted 9/11" and is about a man named Rick Rescorla. He was a former co-worker of mine. He saved the lives of over 2,000 employees of ours. Very, very good story. Watch it if you can.

Cindy said...

It was one of the ones I watched Thursday night. It was such a good program! Quite the man. As I watched it I was impressed that he had been saved for just that time.