Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Bath Time

I got a call from Meredith this afternoon:  Mom! Ainsley's cord came off.  Do you want to come over for her first bath?
Absolutely.

 Still sleeping.
Look at that diaper.  Still too big.

 Couldn't resist taking this one.
Three generations.
Patti, Meredith, Ainsley.
There is something so beautiful about watching your child become a parent.

 All done.
Cleaned, q-tipped, lotioned, dressed and swaddled.

I never had a baby bathtub.  Never was a fan. Didn't see the point of it.  I just bathed my babies in the bathroom sink, graduated to the kitchen sink, and then to the regular bathtub.  It was what I knew.  But I have to say, I really like the tub Meredith has.  I love the little hammock/sling that the baby lays in.  They have plenty of warm water, but are supported and can't slip or roll and don't get frightened by feeling weightless in the water.  There is space for the soap, lotion, and washcloth right at your fingertips.  This is a good thing!

 Gidget on the other hand, couldn't quite understand what all the fuss was about.
"Hey! Isn't it time for my bath?"

She finally resigned and found a good observation spot on the corner of the couch.  From this vantage point she could see all the baby bath time goings-on.

I stayed and cuddled with Ainsley.
Meredith went up to get her own shower and Gidget got her bath.
She was one happy puppy!

(I used Christine's camera.  Not that I know how to use it--I just put it on auto--but what a difference in the pictures.  Hey, my birthday is coming up soon....! hint, hint)

2 comments:

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

I thought I'm come out of blog lurking/ stalking (I'm a friend of a friend here in AZ) to say how much I love your blog and am inspired by your faith, family, and food recipes!

Cindy said...

Thank You Watson Family! What a sweet thing to see your comment. Have a great day!

xoxo