Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Dicken's Village and Carolers


I spent the day at home today catching up from being out most of the day yesterday. I did laundry, picked up, and put the Dicken's Village up on the piano. Here is a picture of what the buildings look like. They are so quaint--like walking down the lane in an old English town. They light up, so it is really pretty at night.
I got all the English carolers up on the mantle today too with the candles. When everyone came home today, they oohed and aahed. Both are Christmas decoration traditions that we have done since the kids were little. Just collected one new piece each year. A few years ago I was so busy and tired and decided I wouldn't do the village. The kids wouldn't hear of it! They went and got everything out and ready and all I had to do was place them. So the village made it up after all and I was SO grateful for their help!
(Journal: Helped Adrianne with the wording on their wedding invitations. So those are going to be finished soon. Made a good pot of clam chowder for dinner and had corn bread with it. Whenever I eat corn bread I think of my dad--he LOVES it. He ate it a lot when he was growing up. Helped Christine with the finishing touches for her History report. I'm tired and I'm going to bed.)

No comments: