Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Hitting The Wall--


We've hit the perverbial brick wall! Today we were all just tired. I think we've just been running for such a long time with end of school, college finals, kids finding work, weddings, Duff's work, Gramma's death, etc.

SO--we slept in and pretty much did nothing! It felt soooooo good. I'm not very good at doing this. My mind is always spinning with what needs to be done, get done, and I feel like I'm wasting time. But today as I thought about it, I realized that down time is a really important thing. It is in all ways healthy. We shouldn't run faster than we have strength, and even the Savior took time to 're-create'.

Natalie has a bad cold. She took a long nap in her room and everyone else was asleep on couches and floors throughout the house! I did sit for a time in the quiet and relished every minute of it! In the stillness and quiet of the afternoon I finished the laundry and did a little tidy-ing, read some more in my book--Julie Andrews autobigraphy, which is very good--and veged.

We had salmon for dinner with roasted red potatoes and peas with mushrooms. So delish. We are going through a HEAT wave. Tomorrow is supposed to be over 100*, which is very warm for this early in the summer. I think that's part of the current state of affairs too! I think we're going to rest out tomorrow and the weekend too. It's supposed to be crazy HOT!

4 comments:

Deidre said...

Don't feel guilty for taking a rest! We got the announcement in our mail box yesterday. BEAUTIFUL!

Leslie said...

Oh Cindy, when I think of Julie Andrews it reminds me of mamo. I can remember riding with her in that maroon car with the 8-track playing of the sound of music. I loved those times

Berta said...

WOW, I don't blame you! YOU HAVE BEEN REALLY BUSY - it's time to say "Time out" and take a break. There's not a better feeling. I wish I could be there to help you out - oh, the preparations are unbelieveable for weddings! You're a PRO these days - I'd start a consultation business! Hang in there.

Jonna said...

Hi Cindy, thanks for visiting my blogs. I had to visit yours, & look at your wedding preparations. Wow...it all looks beautiful. It is so much work, time & lots of money, but well worth it. We just married the last of four daughters in April. The 3rd daughter was married 5 months before that! I'm all done with weddings now...yeah. You have great genes in your family...we love the Boice's!