Here are Megan, J.T., Mere, and Christine in front of the giant Mickey jack-o-lantern. You cannot believe the decorations and flowers! I would love a Disneyland yard! All the flowers are some shade of yellow and orange, sometimes with some purple mixed in. So autumnal and Halloweenish.
We ate dinner in Tomorrowland. All of a sudden the stage came up, the lights went on, and a very young version of Elvis performed. Now, I am not an Elvis fan per se. But I have to say, this guy was amazing! l-r: Megan, Christine, Meredith, and J.T.
Guess I caught them both by surprise since they both have their eyes shut. This is on Pirates of the Caribbean right before you go down the first big drop.
A scarecrow along the path to the Haunted Mansion, which was our last ride for the night!
I took a picture of the Mansion, but with all the people around and not the same lighting, it didn't turn out like this one off the internet, so I'll use this one instead. But it really does look like this and it is soooooooo fun! There is nothing like the Haunted Mansion in the fall.
There were so many people from Utah. We kept seeing car after car with a Utah license plate in the Mickey and Friends parking structure. And lots of people with either Y or U tshirts on. Then it dawned on me: Oh, yeah. UEA long weekend. Of course!
Right after dinner, J.T. was desperate to go on the Matterhorn. The line was not bad at all, about 20 minutes is all. Duff wasn't doing too well after. He got motion sick. So he ended up going home about an hour later, and I stayed with the others and we closed the place down. We had a great vantage point for the fireworks show. Right at the canal for the Storybook Boats. Even now, when Tinkerbell flies through the sky it thrills me!
Duff is still licking his wounds from the stinging BYU loss on Thursday. He had his yearly eye appointment. His vision stayed the same in the left eye, and only a slight change/loss in the right. New glasses are on the way! I've been doing little things that when added together are huge. It seems like a wedding has loomed either on the forefront or right beneath the surface for the last two years and there is so much I have ignored and just let go and it feels sooooo good to finally get to those things in a normal manner again. Christmas lists and shopping are coming along, and I hope to be done in about 2-3 weeks. I have NEVER done that before and it feels magnificent. I hope to be able to really enjoy and focus on the 'reason for the season'. Wish me luck!
4 comments:
Disneyland is a blast! We are planning on going there in Feb for my birthday. Then, we'll probably go again in April for Clint's. By the way, C bought something for Christine...we're dropping it in the mail on Monday. Just wanted you to be on the lookout for it! But, don't tell her!
this is brad's and mine favorite time to go to disneyland. it is incredible. they do a fantastic job. and good luck finishing up christmas early. it makes the holidays so much nicer and you are able to do so many fun things you didn't have the time for before!
How Fun. I love Disneyland!
It has been forever since we have been to Disneyland. Wish I had been one of those Utah license plates in the parking lot!
Post a Comment