Something To Think About:

Something To Think About:
Children are like wet cement, whatever falls on them makes an impression.

--Hiam Ginott

Friday, October 31, 2008

~~HALLOWEEN IS HERE~~

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
Christine had the day off from school and we all slept in and then I put some cinnamon rolls in the oven. That was a festive way to start the day! Got the laundry done including P.E. clothes. Oooo-weee.

Here are the Halloween cupcakes I made for dessert. We had "Ghastly Ghoul-ash" for dinner with hot buttered noodles. Delish! Mike and Adrianne came over to celebrate with us and we had all the lights dimmed and the plethora of candles lit. It was quite fall-ish and festive!


I just had to include a photo of our fall leaves that had blown on the porch. Even in socal I had to make sure I have some trees that lose their leaves and turn color. These are from our white birches with the Halloween morning sun on them. It got a little cloudy later on in the day.

Christine in her Mermaid costume that she borrowed from Meredith. This was as she was getting ready for the Fall Festival for the stake youth dance last night.

Ariel look out! Christine's gonna give you a 'swim' for your money! With Amanda who is a Glow Stick this year. She came up and the girls got ready for the dance together. We have glitter all over the house. I'm not going to vacuum until tomorrow! Chris is taller than Mere, so we had a little 'leg' problem. What to do at the last minute??? We got a pair of black tights out of her drawer and I cut them off below the knee. PERFECT! Pearl bracelet and seashell necklace and she is good to go!

Mike and Adrianne holding dessert. Adrianne was doing some of the word searches in the book I'm working on. I'm trying to keep my brain stimulated! hahaha... We continue to get less and less trick or treaters each year. 15 years ago, we would run out of candy and tonight I think we had maybe 20-25 ring the bell. But those who were here were soooo adorable and cute. The neighborhood is growing up and being on a single loaded street has something to do with it too. Nobody wants to walk all the way down without another side to walk up. Adrianne answered one and the red Power Ranger gave her a hug to thank her for the candy! Tigger was with him and her heart was melted!
Christine went to Melissa's with some friends and they got ready to trick or treat. Her parents provided some dinner. She is spending the night and we will see her in the morning. I'm off to bed because we have to be at the Lowe's parking lot at 7am to get all our flyers for Prop. 8. We are walking all the neighborhoods in the ward and putting reminder flyers on the doors. Duff did sign holding/twirling tonight from 5-6pm and got yelled at and called some 'choice' words. It is interesting. There are so many who are very supportive and kind. However, the others are less than kind. Two days ago, a family was on a corner. A car drove by and threw an opened water bottle at their 12 year old daughter. Everyone was shocked, but calmed down until they realized it wasn't a bottle of water. The water had been poured out and it had been refilled with bleach! She is very lucky the only harm was to her clothes. This was bad but it could have been so much worse. The police have told us to have a video camera with us and be ready to record if needed. Wow.

3 comments:

Linda Lu said...

Oh Cindy. what our world has come to. I'm so glad that the young girl is okay, it could have been a lot worse. Christine looks so cute in her Mermaid costume. Gotta luv all the things the children do! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Natalie said...

Yeah the No on 8 people believe that tolerance only applies to people that agree with them. Sutpid people use dictionary

Jennifer said...

I have enjoyed your posts about Prop 8 and how they have effected your family. But you haven't spelled out what changes it will actually make. (You know, for daralecks like me). Shane's mom and I were talking about it this week and many people do not really understand it's effect. It would be great if you would dedicate a blog post to highlighting some of the effects it would have. Especially to those of the LDS faith. After talking with Kathy, I did a little research and was quite shocked at some of the things that it would change.

Love You!