Today was the Relief Society Woman's/VT Conference. It was inspiring. Every talk and message was right on spot. I enjoyed it all, but my favorite was the experiment.
20 sisters were asked to participate for 6 weeks in four categories: scripture study, prayer, FHE, and temple attendance. Then a representative from each of the 4 groups gave a 'return and report'. I can't even describe how great it was to hear them report on their 'experiment upon the word'. They were candid, honest, and full of the spirit. Any of the 20 would have given equally as inspiring messages. I related to everything they talked about and the spirit was very strong for all of us. The only down side was that in order to keep to the time schedule they only got 5 minutes each and I had to be the 'keeper of the time'. I sat in the back by the door and had to get up each time and catch their glance and give them the 'wrap it up' sign. Don't like that job. I think we could have listened to them for much longer.
Maybe another experiment and then a testimony meeting for all those who participated......??????
Christine had friends spend the night and then went to church with us today. They stayed to work on some homework and then for dinner. They really enjoyed church. Dylan came (but did not spend the night...), and he LOVED it. He is looking/needing something in his life and just soaked it all up. When his mom found out it was our church, she told him he couldn't go anymore. Sigh...
No comments:
Post a Comment